Watercress & parmesan sourdough recipe >
A rustic artisan loaf that can be used any time of day
Ingredients & Method >
Show me the ingredients
50g of ripe sourdough starter
40g of finely chopped John Hurd’s Watercress
350ml of warm water
50g of grated parmesan
3 TSPN of good quality salt
1. Mix the starter and warm water together in a large bowl.
2. Add in the flour, salt and watercress and mix to a dough.
3. Knead slightly and place in a floured bread proving basket, cover with reusable silicon lid.
4. Leave in a warmish place overnight.
5. The following morning, place the dough on a floured surface, shape into an oblong, by folding the edges in. Rest for 10 mins.
6. With slightly oiled hands, pull the dough, folding 12 times into the centre place seam side down on to a baking tray. Second prove 45-60 mins on the side.
7. Slash the top, and sprinkle with the Parmesan
8. Put into a hot oven 200 C for 45-60 mins.
A rustic artisan loaf that can be used any time of day. It goes amazingly well as a brunch with poached organic eggs and smashed avocado. Your family will thank you for this one!
Get in touch...
Visit Us (by appointment)
John Hurd's Organic Watercress